[rollei_list] "New" enlarging lens

  • From: Allan Derickson <a_derickson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 14:20:02 -0800

I managed to win an auction for a Schneider-Kreuznach Componon f5.6 80mm
enlarging lens. According to the serial number it's from around 1960. I paid
$17.95 as the only bidder. It is all chrome. My present lens is a f4.5 75mm
S-K  Comparon that I bought new as a starving student in 1970. It appears to
be black anodized aluminum. 99% of my prints are 8x10 or less and the
Comparon does fine. I'm hoping the Componon will be better for the
occasional 16x20. I can't remember what I paid for the Comparon. I just know
that at the time I couldn't afford the Componon.

Allan