[rollei_list] Re: New List Member & Focus "Glide Pieces"

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 08:32:15 -0300

2013/10/17 Brett Rogers <rogersbretta@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> The silence has been deafening. Was it something I said? Or some other faux
> pa?
>
> I had thought the members of this list included members willing and able to
> conduct some repairs themeselves. Richard Knoppow and Todd Belcher are a
> couple who come to mind. I would have regarded my original post as "on topic"
> so the absence of replies puzzles me. Or does nobody have any words of wisdom
> to proffer?                                      ---

Brett:
          There is no doubt Todd Belcher would answer your questions
if he was still dedicated to Rollei issues, however he sold his
significative Rollei TLR cameras collection and the lot of Rollei TLR
spare parts he had in stock some years ago. He was/is an expert Rollei
TLR cameras repairman too, however he no longer participated in Rollei
topics from the time he sold his collection. I have no doubt Richard K
would reply your original post if he has an answer for you.

I have being using Rollei TLR cameras from 40 years ago and never had
a serious problem with their focusing mechanism, talking about
Rolleiflex 2.8C ( It was purchased brand new by my father in 1955/56
and received a heavy use sometimes), Rolleiflex 3.5E or C, Rolleicord
IV and Rolleiflex 3.5F, to mention the Rollei TLR models I used for
years and years, beyond other models I used occasionally or owned for
a short time (I did not include the Rolleimagic because it has a
different focusing mechanism). Harry Fleenor repaired the 3.5F in 2005
after I bought it cheap with several problems, it was my only Rollei
TLR to receive a special service for the focusing mechanism beyond a
CLA, "repair & smoothen focusing"  said Harry's required service list
(focusing mechanism had a movement like stopping and advancing,
stopping and advancing), however it was not mentioned or payed spare
parts for the focusing mechanism, it still works very smooth, eight
years later.

I'm sorry for my no wisdom words, talking about your questions.