[rollei_list] Need some clarification on the Rolleinar system

  • From: "Jordan Wosnick" <jwosnick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 12:07:38 -0500

Hi all,
I am looking into getting a Rolleinar close-up lens set for my Rolleiflex
3.5E but need a bit of help from the collective wisdom of the list -- and
searching the archives has only made me more confused, I'm afraid.

I understand the differences between the Rolleinar 1, 2 and 3, and their
respective focussing ranges. I also know that at least the Rolleinar 2 and 3
are parallax-corrected by means of the "Rolleipar" / "Rolleiparkeil", which
is built-in to the viewing lens attachment so that the ground-glass view is
at least a reasonable representation of what the taking lens is "seeing".

Judging from KEH listings, it seems that their Rolleinar 1 sets do not come
with a "Rolleipar". Is this because they simply are missing the "Rolleipar"
or because there is no "Rolleipar" for a Rolleinar 1 lens? My guess would be
that parallax errors in the Rolleinar 1 range wouldn't be that great, but I
don't know for sure.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Jordan

--