[rollei_list] Re: Lachaize - MECILA Mag 150 for Rolleiflex TLR

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 07:44:20 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carlos Manuel Freaza" <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2007 7:21 AM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Lachaize - MECILA Mag 150 for Rolleiflex TLR

That is very interesting Richard, I found the patent
looking for the number, that is the 150 mag.

All the best
Carlos

If you posted the number I somehow missed it. Google Patents allows text searches on any patent in the U.S.Patent office without regard to date. The patent office site allows text searches only on patents issued from 1976, one can search only by number before that. The Google site also allows downloading patents in PDF form, a great convenience. It is a great service. I don't think it has patents outside of the U.S. but I could be mistaken. It certainly would be great if it did. Most of the historical patents in the field of photographic optics issued in other countries were also patented in the U.S. but not all. Actually, sometimes the U.S. version has more information than the foreign patent, for instance the patent for the Tessar is much more complete.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx