[rollei_list] Re: Lachaize - MECILA Mag 150 for Rolleiflex TLR

  • From: "John Wild" <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 16:21:03 +0100

Thanks Jerry,

Two things make something end up in the corner of the garage, being a
pain to use and problems in getting an end result. o from what you say,
it's probably the best place for it besides being on a collectors shelf.
I've often thought it might be useful to have a large capacity magazine
(35mm or 70mm) but trying to get film processed as an amateur would be a
nightmare.

I know what you mean and will not add anything in case I put my foot in
it. ;-)

Best wishes

John

John,

I know that somewhere in my garage is a Cine Mechanix (?) 70mm Back for
the Rollei along with two extra 70mm cassettes.  It is probably under 44
years worth of garage "stuff.  I remember that it was a thorough pain to
use.  Processing was impossible in San Diego.
I had to send the cassettes
to LA; and it cost a fortune for developing and 5x5 inch prints. Having
two matched Rolleis and a wife to change film s is a lot more
convenient.  (Somehow I don't think that last statement sounds right)

Jerry