[rollei_list] Re: Lachaize - MECILA Mag 150 for Rolleiflex TLR

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 04:58:55 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carlos Manuel Freaza" <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2007 4:12 AM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Lachaize - MECILA Mag 150 for Rolleiflex TLR

The only discrepancy is the French manufacturer, the
Rollei Report II mentions Paul Lachaize from Lyon like
the inventor and Flashphot like manufacturer, there
were i.e. French 6x9 cameras called Flash-Phot but
also there was Paul Lachaize cameras like the 1955
MECILUX.
The Report II explains the 150 mag technical working
and also it mentions Flashphot again describing the
details for the last Mag 150 delivered by Flashphot.
Since the 150 Mag was manufactured from 1952 to 1969
for Rollei cameras, I think it was manufactured by
Paul Lachaize Lyon first and by Flashphot afterwards;
there was a model for Semflex cameras too.-

All the best
Carlos

I got curious and searched Google Patents for Paul Lachaize, I found three patents, issued to him, one of which, USP 2,819,663, is for the adaptor back for long rolls. The patent includes 8 pages of drawings that make the construction and operation pretty clear. The camera shown in the drawings is obviously a Rolleiflex.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx