[rollei_list] Re: Kodak

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 23:37:05 -0300

2012/1/8 Allan Derickson <alland435@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Speaking of Kodak, something happened today that has never happened to me in
> some 50 years of photography:
>
> It was a beautiful day today and so I took the family out to the park for a
> walk and brought along my Rollei 3.5F loaded with Ektar. When I took the
> last shot on the roll and wound it to the end and opened the back I was
> nonplussed when I saw there was no adhesive tab to secure the exposed roll.
> I made sure it did not come off inside the camera. I didn't have a rubber
> band or anything to secure the roll until my wife discovered an elastic loop
> attached inside one of the pockets of her jacket. We were able to use that
> until we got home.
>
> I wonder if this has happened to anyone else?

Yes Allan, it happened to me last November with the Ektar film too, it
never had happened with a Kodak film from I have memory. I had used
the last Ektar film from two I had carried to the Patagonia and needed
to load the 3.5F with the Ektachrome slide film, I already was  in the
shelter at 2600m; I couldn't believe the film had no tape to secure
it, I also looked at the camera and other places and there was no
tape, I finally used a sticking plaster to secure the exposed film, it
was an uncomfortable and surprising situation indeed.