[rollei_list] Re: Kodachrome - the truth

  • From: Allen Zak <azak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 21:40:32 -0400

Jerry,
If you refer to the ASA 32 Ansco slide product, your luck was better than mine. While my Kodachromes from the mid to late 1950s remain in excellent condition, Ansco and Ektachromes have deteriorated significantly. That is true even for some slides dating to the 70s.

Actually, I do not have many regrets in life, but among those I wish it were possible to do over would be to use 100% Kodachrome for all slides. What good are the various nuances among E6 films if in a few decades they are inevitably magenta? (matters of commerce, publication or immediate gratification exempted)

Allen Zak

On Oct 13, 2005, at 6:44 PM, Jerry Lehrer wrote:

 Don,

That first one looks like the degradation I got from Ektachrome
slides that have been stored in my garage for 40 years. Kodachrome
and Anscocolor had no change. (TTBOMM)

Jerry

Don Williams wrote:At 01:55 PM 10/13/2005, Frederic Fichter wrote:
 Got this kind of color shift ?

http://homepage.mac.com/ffichter/FamilyAndFriends/PhotoAlbum80.html

Fred
No, mine is more like this: