[rollei_list] Re: Fuji/Bessa folder rangefinder.

  • From: "Austin Franklin" <austin.franklin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 13:58:12 -0400

Hi Bill,

> I picked up a Zeiss Ikon folder this winter (6x6), in outstanding
> condition, with a 2.8 Tessar, but I can't get the hang of focusing and
> the images overlap on the negative. I'm told this is to be expected...

You shouldn't expect the images to overlap on the negative.  That problem is
probably hardened lubrication in the film advance mechanism.  You may be
able to get it to work correctly by putting the camera (without film) in the
sun, or in the room where your
heating system is, and exercising the film advance for 10+ minutes or so.
I've done that with a number of Super Ikontas, and this solved the issue.

Regards,

Austin