[rollei_list] Re: Flashbulbs

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 09:07:52 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jerry Lehrer" <jerryleh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 30, 2005 8:47 AM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Flashbulbs

> RIchard.
>
> Gotcha again!  The 25 and 5 bulbs are functionally and
> "base-ly" equivalent,  The 11 and 40 are screw base
> bulbs. The M2, as you said is a miniature pinless base
> bulb.  AG-1 is an all glass bulb, no metal base.
>
> Jerry
>
> Richard Knoppow wrote:

   Well, you haven't got me, you've got an old edition of
the _Photo Lab Index_. However, you are right. The two
manufacturers do not give quite the same information but on
looking again the Sylvania/Wabash No.25 is the same as the
GE No.5 and the Sylvania No.26 is the same as the GE No.6
(focal plane bulbs), both "midget" bayonet base lamps. The
M2 and M3 are pinless base "miniature" lamps. I still think
what you saw as M25 may actually be M2B.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx