[rollei_list] Re: Flashbulbs

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jerry Lehrer" <jerryleh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2005 3:33 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Flashbulbs

> Richard,
>
> Flash powder is still available today!
>
> Jerry

   Indeed, I thought I saw something about this somewhere. I
have an old book somewhere with formulas for making flash
powder. I would be reluctant to try them since some types of
flash powder could be quite explosive.
   Kodak sold flash paper during the 1920's and 1930's. It
was treated paper used in a holder. It had the advantage of
being easier to control than measuring out powder and
probably safer. The instruction book for my Kodak
Autographic has a short catalogue in it showing the holder
and paper with instructions on how to use it. It was used
open flash and triggered by hand. The trigger was a sort of
cigarette lighter flint arrangement. Indeed this sort of
mechanism was also used for portable flash powder trays.
Poooof... Say, what happened to my eyebrows?

Los Angeles, CA, USA