[rollei_list] Re: Digital printing v. Analog

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 08:35:14 -0700

Richard,

You may be right for a 4MP and getting a print on your own computer.
If you look at the KRAFT Food advertisements, they have been digital
since the mid-90s. I know the chief photographer for Kraft. He uses
ALL digital but post processing is done through PhotoShop and then
commercial interpolation to create large posters. You can see the
grains of salt on a Ritz cracker that was created from a digital image
and is now poster size of say 3 x 4 feet. These reproductions are made
on high-end commercial printers and not small inkjets. That also
helps.

Peter K

--=20
Peter K