[rollei_list] Digital printing v. Analog

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 09:32:06 -0700

Austin,=20

I have seen many digital images. Done right, you could not tell the
difference between a quality digital image at 11x14 or one from a film
camera.

However, if you are comparing 4x6 or 5x7 prints done at a one-hour lab
with the terrible digital prints you get at your local Walgreens or
Wal-Mart, it is the printing that is bad and not the image from the
digital camera.

Peter K

On 4/14/05, Austin Franklin <austin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Ardeshir,
>=20
> > >
> > > You're kidding, right? You'd barely be able to print a 4x6 from an
> > > "inexpensive P&S digital camera" without having "noticeable problems
> > > with quality". Unless your standards are very very low.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Austin
> >
> > He IS kidding, Austin.
>=20