[rollei_list] Digital Ciba{Ilfo)chrome

  • From: Douglas Nygren <dnygr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 07:43:04 -0500

Isn't that ironic. Digital images printed as Cibachromes. Glad to hear about that, it may mean that we'll keep that wonderful product.

and isn't it interesting that digital is being printed using an older technology, if I understand that correctly.

I have a friend who scans film, edits it with photoshop, then prints his edited work to a disk and sends it off to have negatives made from which he contact prints.

While many people marvel at digital photography, I find it interesting how people play with it, how they go beyond its usual use and create new processes. It's interesting to see how old and new mix. Some people take photophotos and then paint protraits from them--a mix of old and new.

The sad thing is to see the wide variety of the old products disappear, for example Kodak black and white paper.

Have a good day, Doug