[rollei_list] Re: rollei_list Digest V1 #322

  • From: "Franck Dewannieux" <frdewannieux@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 04:27:01 -0500

I pretty much started doing serious photography with DSLR and only fairly recently started to also shoot film but I had heard about Cibachrome
Anyway ... A few weeks ago, I was looking for labs (in Paris) that would print Ciba (and found the Atelier Roland Dufau) and found this place in the UK that seem to do mail-order Ciba but also what they call "Digital Cibachrome" : http://www.owenboyd.com/
I haven't tried it yet.

Franck

On Dec 21, 2005, at 11:24 PM, Douglas Nygren wrote:

> Thank you for this email. I find it very helpful.
I love > Cibachromes. There is nothing better. Nothing. A
friend switched > from Cibas to digital prints. He is a master
printer, but the > digital work he does, while outstanding, lacks a
certain quality > and does not equal his Cibas. I bought his
enlarger and have a jobo > as well, but do only black and white. I may begin
to do Cibas. > Masking will be an issue, however.

I thought Ilfochrome, aka Cibachrome, was being discontinued. Am I misinformed?

Bob