[rollei_list] Re: Contax S family- condition: Peter Dechert's Monographs On-Line

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 12:34:28 -0400

At 12:03 PM 5/31/2009, Jerry Laderberg wrote:
>Marc:  I 've been collecting Contax S, D, et al for more than 20 years and ,
>frankly, most have been not  found working well at all.  Whether this is
>always attributable to mishandling of shutter cocking/film advance routines
>as Dechert asserts, is open to discussion.  But, I think he's on to
>something.  Jerry

Thanks, Jerry. Over the years, I've owned seven, and all worked without a problem. Dechert suggests that gentle manipulation keeps the gears from stripping, and I suspect that he is correct. The same factory, after all, produced the Praktisix which had film-advance problems of the same sort, something fixed on the Kiev 66.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!