[rollei_list] Re: Contax

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 15:36:44 -0300

Roger Wiser <rwiser@xxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:
> Marc and Carlos, thanks for your reply. Here is more complete information as
> requested:
> LENS The exact wording on the front is" Sonnar  1:2  f=50mm Carl Zeiss Nr
> 1058406 " No "T" found. Lens has a bluish tinge.
> It is in VG condition, It has a filter on it. The f stops are from 2 to 22.
>
> CAMERA The serial is D 81941 . The serial was both on the flash shoe and
> inside. It looked like a B on the shoe. The camera seems a bit more
> elaborate than the ones on eBay. For example, the window for the range
> finder is mounted by small screws. The two metal winding knobs seem
> elaborate too. The left rewind knob has one revolving ring that shows ASA (6
> to 400) and f (1.5-22) and an outer ring indicate speeds in this order, 1250
> down to 1 and back up to 60 ??, This side is obviously for the meter that
> seems very responsive. The camera is dirty but in VG condition. No Zeiss
> bumps. It seems to work fine but the viewfinder-range finder is very dirty
> Any recommendations on a repair facility would be appreciated. If you want
> an JPEG's on this I will send to you off list.

Roger:
           According the improved description , your camera would be a
post-war Contax IIIa made from  3/1955 to 1/1956 by Zeiss Ikon
Stuttgart (West Germany), the lens would be a 2/50mm coated Sonnar
made by Carl Zeiss Oberkochen (West Germany) when they no longer
engraved the red "T" in the lens ring because it became a common
treatment for high quality lenses (most CZ Oberkochen lenses came
without the red "T" from about the SN 1,000,000 according a "made at
home" research,  I found a few exceptions close to this number
anyway).