[rollei_list] Re: Contax

  • From: "Roger Wiser" <rwiser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 07:34:36 -0500

Marc and Carlos, thanks for your reply. Here is more complete information as requested: LENS The exact wording on the front is" Sonnar 1:2 f=50mm Carl Zeiss Nr 1058406 " No "T" found. Lens has a bluish tinge.

It is in VG condition, It has a filter on it. The f stops are from 2 to 22.

CAMERA The serial is D 81941 . The serial was both on the flash shoe and inside. It looked like a B on the shoe. The camera seems a bit more elaborate than the ones on eBay. For example, the window for the range finder is mounted by small screws. The two metal winding knobs seem elaborate too. The left rewind knob has one revolving ring that shows ASA (6 to 400) and f (1.5-22) and an outer ring indicate speeds in this order, 1250 down to 1 and back up to 60 ??, This side is obviously for the meter that seems very responsive. The camera is dirty but in VG condition. No Zeiss bumps. It seems to work fine but the viewfinder-range finder is very dirty

I sold my Contax a couple years ago and regretted it. This one gave me film camera inspiration! I will have this one professionally cleaned and checked. Marc said fixing your camera is like doing brain surgery on a relative. I found that to be true in trying to clean a viewer system in an old rangefinder camera. Fortunately I did pay much for it.

Any recommendations on a repair facility would be appreciated. If you want an JPEG's on this I will send to you off list.

thanks again,

Roger

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marc James Small" <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>