[rollei_list] Re: Bright Screens

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 14:34:21 -0300

2012/1/4 Roger Wiser <rwiser@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I have had two experiences with the Maxwell Screens. One with a Rolleicord
> IV that Maxwell both installed the screen and cla'ed the camera. The cost
> was 3X what I paid for the camera whic was $75. The other was a Rolleiflex F
> that I installed the screen myself. Both screens were of the same
> brightness. The Rolleicord produced much sharper pictures. In fact it
> produced the best results that I ever had with Rolleis.
> The Maxwell installation was probably the main reason. I had no other bright
> screen for comparisons.

The Rolleicord with the Xenar lens can take very sharp pictures beyond
the focusing screen used, I took this sample with the 'cord IV, Efke
ISO 25 film sheet (Rollei plates adapter), Rolleinar 1 set; it was
taken indoors with poor natural light, I focused with the original
ground glass 'cord IV focusing screen and the f3.2 viewing lens:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/3452366045/