[rollei_list] Re: Argomania

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 13:51:36 -0800

The C4 has an intermediate gear between the lens and the focus wheel on the camera top near the shutter release. In order to remove the lens, you had to remove this intermediate gear (very simple). There were wide angle and telephoto lenses made for the C4 which, of course, required removing the current lens. This was very simple since the intermediate focus gear was quickly removable. The biggest problem was to not drop and/or lose this intermediate gear and it's retainer since this would render the camera virtually useless.

Jim

On Jan 9, 2010, at 10:01 AM, Don Williams wrote:

I believe the C44 had a removable lens. I could remove the lens on my C4 but it served no purpose. I had to disconnect some gear or something like that, and then make sure I started the lens at the right point before I put it back. I think maybe removing the lens was required to get the camera open and access the sync stuff.

DAW