[rollei_list] Re: Apologies to Richard Knoppow

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 13:44:22 -0700

I believe you Jerry. The Zeiss and Kodak lenses in the 40s and even 50s were
excellent. It was really not until the late 50s the Leica lenses became
really superb. (See I can say something nice about Leica). Prior to that
many Leica users like HCB used Zeiss glass like the 50mm Sonnar on their
Leica bodies.

Peter K

PS Have you seen the new M9. Looks really neat with a full frame sensor
(Kodak made). A little pricey for my blood at $5,995.

---
On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 11:40 AM, Jerry Lehrer <glehrer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Richard  und Marc,
>
> Dechert was talking through his distal orifice.  I had TWO of those 47mm
> Ektar for Kardon
> lenses. (civilian and military).  They were both superb, I made numerous
> 11x14 prints from B&W
> negatives.  I still have the Kodachrome slides.
>
> That lens was superior to the f3.5 50mm Elmar.
>
> Jerry Lehrer
>

> Richard Knoppow wrote:
>

>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Marc James Small" <
>> marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>