[rollei_list] Re: Apologies to Richard Knoppow

At 02:24 PM 10/24/2009, Richard Knoppow wrote:

>     I've heard of this lens, perhaps you mentioned it
>before, but don't know anything specific about it. Was this
>a lens for the US clone of the Leica made during WW-2?
>Kardan or some such name, I'm drawing a blank on it at the
>moment. TT&H seems to have made the lenses for the British
>copy.
>     Was Dechert expecting something like an Aero-Ektar?

The 2/47 Ektar is quite a bit smaller than a normal LTM lens. It truly is a "dinky little bottle of a lens". The Reid camera from the UK had a choice of several lenses, but the Kardon only had the Ektar and the PAM Britar as dedicated lenses.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!