[rollei_list] Re: AW: [good news from DHW Fototechnik] and Photokina 2012 news !

  • From: Bigler Emmanuel <bigler@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 13:59:16 +0200

Le 24/09/2012 13:02, Dirk-Roger.Schmitt@xxxxxx a écrit :

Emanuel, you remember when we both visited Rollei (or how it was
called at that time) and they showed us the mechanism to achieve a
short distance focus on the Tele-Rolleiflex (which was developed by
a Russion engineer they had hired)? I think for the 2,8 FX-N they
integrated the same mechanism.

Yes, Dirk, very probably.
At the time (March 2006) ...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43175600@N00/sets/72157594337167325/
... the company was named Franke & Heidecke.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43175600@N00/274670026/sizes/l/in/set-72157594337167325/

As you know, the French TLR camera Semflex Studio with a 150 mm lens
http://www.collection-appareils.fr/x/html/appareil-185-Sem.html
(supposedly) had a focusing system based on cables. At the time,
French people laughed at this "cable initially designed for the brakes
of a bicycle". I'm sure that DHW have designed something COMPLETELY
different from the old French Cable System for the Semflex Studio,
otherwise I would no longer believe in the superiority of products
made in Braunschweig ;-)

 Second and most important: They need to achieve contracts with Leaf
or whom else to get digital backs for the HY6! Third: I want a TLR
with digital back. Fourth: I want a 35 with digital sensor. Regards

Fifth: and I am NOT ready to pay from my own pocket for the industrial
development of "wanted" items #3 and #4 ;-)

--
Emmanuel