[rollei_list] AW: [good news from DHW Fototechnik] the HY6 lives !

  • From: <Dirk-Roger.Schmitt@xxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 09:11:37 +0000

Well,
I also saw the new website.

Reason that now all lenses are marked "Apogon" maybe the following:

DHW just did not get or was not able/willing to pay the license fee to Zeiss
for using their brand names for the lenses.
Maybe the license Zeiss granted to Rollei is still hold by "Rollei", not by
DHW. And the negotiations to use the brand names came out with a negative
result.

So I believe they exactly continue to make the same lenses as under Zeiss brand
name but mark them Apogon. As all patents are expired, they of  course can just
continue to make the  lenses.

Dirk

Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 11:38:39 +0200
From: Bigler Emmanuel <bigler@xxxxxxxx<mailto:bigler@xxxxxxxx>>

Good news from DHW Fototechnik

Their web site is now active,
http://www.dhw-fototechnik.de<http://www.dhw-fototechnik.de/>
http://www.dhw-fototechnik.de/rolleiflex-tlr.html
http://www.dhw-fototechnik.de/fachkamera-x-act.html

http://www.dhw-fototechnik.de/rolleiflex-slr/rolleiflex-hy6.html
http://www.dhw-fototechnik.de/rolleiflex-slr/rolleiflex-6008-af.html
http://www.dhw-fototechnik.de/mittelformat-objektive.html

Hence, they continue to produce the HY-6
Die HY6 lebt!
http://www.dhw-fototechnik.de/component/content/article/26-news/33-news-1.html

And the new standard lens AFD Apogon 2,8/80mm HFT PQS, although very
similar in design to the carl Zeiss Planar 2.8-80 (a 7/5 design), is
probably a
different lens (slightly different focal length, tiny differences in
the lens layout, visible differences in the published MTF curves)

http://www.dhw-fototechnik.de/mittelformat-objektive/afd-objektive/afd-apogon-28-80-pqs.html

to be compared with the classical Zeiss-for-Hasselblad planar 2.8-80 CFE
http://applications.zeiss.com/C12578B8004E8E1D/0/3202B59C08694AC9C12578BC00386630/$file/planar_t_28_80_cfe_ger.pdf

Emmanuel