[rollei_list] Re: 3.5F for $1,200?

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 09:56:36 -0800

Right now people have money before the holidays. The $750 is a fairly
realistic price, but the camera has the less sought after Xenotar. Now I am
not trying to get into a pissing contest with Planar versus Xenotar. They
are both good lenses, but the Planar fetches the higher price. Personally
for that money I would opt for a 2.8 lens. That is the ones the pros usually
used and Bay 3 accessories seem to be more prevalent. Besides, I get a bit
faster of a lens for those low light situations.

Peter K

On 12/4/05, Rei Shinozuka <shino@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ebay rating is a function of transparency of information (condition,
> return policy, shipping cost, etc) and efficient execution.  it's
> not an indicator of general price level, since
> buyers are free to bid whatever they want for an object, or to not
> enter into the transaction at all.
>
> in other words, i don't think it is legitimate for a buyer to
> give a seller a negative rating because the price was too high, or
> indeed to complain in general that the seller "charged too much".
>
> -rei
>
> On Dec03 21:37, Don Williams wrote:
> >    Interesting listing on eBay.  A relatively clean 3.5F for around
> $1,200.
> >
> >    Item # 7568780673
> >
> >    Seems somewhat high to me but I suppose that the seller has been
> having
> >    success or he wouldn't still be in business.
>
> --
> Rei Shinozuka shino@xxxxxxxxx
> Ridgewood, New Jersey

Peter K