[rodgersorgan] Re: The Timeline -

  • From: noel jones <gedeckt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:08:08 -0400

"theater organists are more "pipe-purists" = than in the classical world."

This has been my experience...with theater pipe instruments available so
cheaply
and the desire to do the labor...that's a tremendous cost savings...and purists
tend to be dedicated.

IF there were a profitable or break even market for theater organs it is my
guess that Rodgers be in the business.

Some pipe builders have found themselves in need of other income producing
work...at one point Casavant entered into the furniture business, as I recall.
Wicks maintains an active sport flying airplane business as well...though it
may, like building organs...be out of love rather than money!

--
noel jones, aago
athens, tennessee, usa

New low pricing on books and music for the Rodgers Organ at www.frogmusic.com