[rodgersorgan] Re: The American Classic Organ

  • From: "Scott Evans, Gen Mgr" <esresource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 11:09:39 -0700

Noel,

I couldn't agree more. While I choose to play a *LOT* of Bach and love
to play the tracker instruments voiced for this music, I could not begin
to imagine playing a baroque tracker for normal services in the type of
architecture that is common to many (most?) American sanctuaries. I have
only had the privilege of playing on two A/S instruments (opus 1301 and
1381), one sadly now unavailable (1301), but what an experience. Also
have heard many live in concert. These instruments possess remarkable
power and versatility, as well as some of the most beautiful voicings I
can imagine. I remember almost being brought to tears when I heard that
they had closed their doors.

Scott
noel jones wrote:
> Ralph,
>
> To get this rolling, the Aeolian Skinner Organ, considered by many to be the
> finest example of this sort of organ building, is overwhelming chosen by
> organists in blind testing, as their dream organ.
>
> Organ builders tend to act as if that is not true, but it is easy to tear
> down
> an icon, because it is so visible.
>
> I have had the opportunity to play A/S's in New York City and even in tiny
> Oil
> City, Pennsylvania (the church did have an oil well pumping in it church
> yard...maybe that's how they were able to afford it).
>
> Grand Instruments!

Soon to be published for the Rodgers Organ: Sommer Sonaten für Orgel - Summer
Sonatas for Organ and MIDI Orchestra!