[rodgersorgan] Re: Easter Music

  • From: noel jones <gedeckt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 21:14:35 -0400

This Thursday evening my wife, Ellen, in her second season as a choir
director/organist will be conducting the choir at her church in, among
other things, the Miserere - 8 parts - by Lotti.

I used to be the one who had all the fun...though I will be playing, at
the same time I guess, the Cantique de Jean Racine by Gabriel Faure as
arranged by Lauren Gadd for organ and piano. (From Classical Harmonies,
one of our newest books) Since we do not have a Rodgers, this book is
conventiently set up (just like Bach Arias and Chorales and also Hymn
Tune Preludes and Offertories) so that it can also be used as piano and
organ duets.

I was excitred about playing this for Communion...however our regluar
pianist is taking the night off...has to work...so a  choir member is
going to fill in.  She offered to sight read it the other evening ans it
went beautifully.  I had more problems than she did.

So I do get to play it.  But Ellen gets to do the Lotti.

--
noel jones, aago
athens, tennessee, usa

New low pricing on books and music for the Rodgers Organ at www.frogmusic.com