[rodgersorgan] Re: Easter Music

  • From: noel jones <gedeckt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 21:07:03 -0400

Easter Sunday...this is more than a little BIZARRE...I am playing the
entire Widor Toccata for the Offertory.

That wasn't a misprint....wasn't my idea...playing at a Baptist church
with a new pastor, each service ends with an altar call, and my postlude
is often suddenly switched to something more calm so new members can be
greeted by the congregation after the service at the altar.

Hey, it is an altar call! Where elas should they meet?

Anyhow, somehow or other I got voted to play the Widor during the offertory.

--
noel jones, aago
athens, tennessee, usa

New low pricing on books and music for the Rodgers Organ at www.frogmusic.com