[roc-chat] Re: Vandenberg launches

  • From: John Howard <John.Howard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ROC chat <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 09:46:40 -0700

I was at the official NASA guest viewing area both Monday night (scrubbed), and
successful Tuesday night (Wed morning). Fog and heavy mist was so heavy we saw
nothing, not even a glow. Distant rumbling was not loud. I had expected to feel
the vibration, but no joy.

Launches from June through September are hit or miss because of the marine
layer.

Happy I was invited, but SMAP (being assembled at JPL right now) should be a
better viewing opportunity. Current launch date is early dawn, November 5,
2014.

John

Sent from my iPhone