[roc-chat] Vandenberg Launches [was: Re: roc-chat Digest V4 #158]

  • From: dburnam@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 13:40:28 -0600

Adrian and everyone else, Go. If you can afford the gas, yes, it's well worth the trip. So you won't be totally bummed if the launch is postponed at the last minute, have something else planned to do. Plan ahead, there's lots to see in the area and probably more to do along the way home. And then plan to go again. I saw several day and night Vandenberg launches early in 1980 and they were all great. We still talk about them. I became jaded and put off several opportunities to see a KSC launch but did go to see STS-123 launch in the dark. It was also great and very different from Atlas, Minuteman, and Titan III launches. I think I'll start watching the Delta schedules more closely.

Denzil
Las Cruces, NM
From: "Adrian P. Bailey" <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [roc-chat] Vandenberg launches
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 14:41:40 -0700
Has anyone been to Vandenberg AFB to watch a launch? I'm curious if it's
worth the trip, if you can get close enough etc. I watched a shuttle take
off once. That was cool.