[roc-chat] Re: Super Strypi

  • From: Kurt Gugisberg <kurtgug@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 16:15:59 -0800

So what was James' conclusion about nylon vs kevlar? This may end the
debate at last!

That's probably a good price for the 2000 lb kev. I bought 1/4" and 1/2"
for the larger rockets.

Kurt

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 7:39 AM, Chris J Kobel <chris.j.kobel@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Kurt,

Check out http://emmakites.com/

Manufactured in China (not my first choice), but the prices are reasonable
and the customer service on two orders has been good.

James and I especially like the thinner braided Kevlar (380# tested) to
replace all of the elastic in our model and mid-power rockets. Lighter and
stronger than elastic (James got 3rd place in his 7th grade science
project - The “Shocking Truth”, Model Rocket Shock Cord Comparison), this
Kevlar is much easier to pack in a body tube and doesn’t get tangled like
the really thin stuff.

Chris