[roc-chat] Re: Motor and Case Fitting

  • From: Jeff Gortatowsky <indanapt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 11:23:28 -0800 (PST)

Also you can look up many designs on Rocket Reviews

I found this:
http://www.rocketreviews.com/unknown-honest-john---madcow-rocketry.html

As for the casing sticking out. Happens all the time. I know some people don't
like it (It's been debated on forums - mildly). Some feel the heat of the
casing is detrimental, others somehow feel the ejection charge will be harsher
or not as effective. But no one ever gives any evidence. At least none I've
seen. I like to burrito wrap my chute in the protector or use a cup style
protector, so I am not worried about proximity of the charge.

Jeff Gortatowsky, Redondo Beach, CA | Twitter: JeffGortatowsky | Yahoo:
indanapt
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jeffgortatowsky
Blog @ http://skepticalastronomer.wordpress.com

"(Scientific) Skepticism is not a set of beliefs, it is a set of methods for
asking questions about reality." -- Doctor Steven Novella