[roc-chat] Re: Dave Eckhart

  • From: Kevin Lane <krlane@xxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 09:57:20 -0700

Here is a picture of Dave out on the range with the his basket ball rocket.
I had the pleasure of launching next to him several different times over the years. We think this was the first time he flew that rocket at Lucerne in the late 90's or early 2000's. This picture was taken with on of those disposable panorama cameras before the digitals had taken over.
Fly high Dave...you will ne missed by many..

Kevin Lane
HVAC Supervisor
UC Irvine Facilities Management
krlane@xxxxxxx
(949) 824-6367

Kurt Gugisberg wrote:
I'm really sad to hear that.  Dave was a great guy.  I enjoyed talking to him
and appreciated his sly humor.  I guess he had a premonition about his death
because he mentioned to me the last time I saw him that he might not be around
much longer.  Another great rocket guy has gone to the great launch pad in the
sky.  Fly high Dave!

I bought a ten foot parachute from him last year.  I am going to fly it at
Rocstock in his honor.

Kurt