[roc-chat] Contour Roam Camera

  • From: Michael Klett <xsive.guy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ROC Chat <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 17:39:37 -0700

ROCers,

I am planning my L3 Certification flight in June at ROCstock unless
the rocket isn't ready in which case it will be the July launch.  The
rocket is a fiberglass Frenzy XL with a 4" air frame and a 75 mm motor
mount.  It stands just about 8 feet tall.  If it's successful it will
be the only L3 flight that I do.  Yes, I should be able to fly it
again but they won't be cert flights.  I'd like to document this
flight as well as I can and I'm thinking about mounting a Contour Roam
camera (
http://store.contour.com/contourroam-1080p-camera-p65.aspx?gclid=CPmm-_PCpq8CFWlgTAodx2vhXw
) on it to record the flight.

Has anyone used a Contour Roam on a rocket?  How did you attach it?

How does the Contour Roam compare with Booster Vision (my other choice
of camera)?

I have some of the key chain cameras that I also plan on attaching to
record alternate views in case something goes wrong - I'd like to try
to figure out what happened.  But for the main on-board camera I'd
like true HD for posterity.

Thanks in advance for any advice that you can offer in this area.

Thanks,
Mike