[riscos-ps] Re: PSutils for splicing two files

  • From: Gav Crawford <gav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "riscos-ps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <riscos-ps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 20:26:46 +0000
On 13 Mar 2012, at 07:26 PM, Jim Nagel <jimps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Can any of the PSutils be used to rearrange pages from two or more
> Postscript files to make one new file?
>
> I know it can be done with PDFs using PDFtk (PDF toolkit).  However,
> we have PSutils on RiscOS but, because it is programmed in Java, not
> PDFtk.

I usually do that under Windows, using Acrobat Pro. I print the files on RISC
OS and copy them to a 'watched folder' on Windows, where they get converted to
PDF by Distiller. Then the files can be combined into one PDF using Acrobat's
combine function - if there are a lot of files, or for a smaller number they
can be opened in Acrobat and the pages dragged into order from any other file
using the thumbnail pages display.

If it's just a one off document I'd be happy to do it for you. If you have a
need to do it regularly then Acrobat Pro is worth getting. It comes with
Distiller that will even allow you to create CMYK press ready files directly
from RO RGB PostScript files.

          //www.freelists.org/list/riscos-ps