[riscos-ps] Re: PSutils for splicing two files

  • From: Barry J <barryjerome@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-ps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 00:02:11 GMT

In message <eeff067052.jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Jim Nagel <jimps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Martin Wuerthner  wrote on 13 Mar:
>> Non-RISC OS distributions of PSUtils include a script called psmerge,
>> which might give the impression that it could do that, but it only
>> works under very limited circumstances (files generated by same
>> program using same PS driver with same fonts), ...

> In my current case all these conditions are satisfied.  I want to make
> a booklet by combining certain pages chosen from more than one
> document produced by the same program.

Not sure if it helps, but I do something a bit similar using Steve
Fryatts !PrintPDF. I print each of the selected pages from various
documents to PDF3 printer and when prompted choose "add to queue".
When I have "printed" all of the pages I want, I display the queue
from !PrintPDF and select "create" which creates a pdf file of the
selected pages.

BarryJ