[riscos-ps] Re: PSutils for splicing two files

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-ps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 00:49:25 +0100

In message <eeff067052.jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Jim Nagel <jimps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Martin Wuerthner  wrote on 13 Mar:
>> Non-RISC OS distributions of PSUtils include a script called psmerge,
>> which might give the impression that it could do that, but it only
>> works under very limited circumstances (files generated by same
>> program using same PS driver with same fonts), ...

> In my current case all these conditions are satisfied.  I want to make
> a booklet by combining certain pages chosen from more than one
> document produced by the same program.

Are you sure? The condition "same fonts" is rarely satisfied, meaning
all pages use exactly the same set of fonts. Most probably, this
condition is not even strict enough, in order for this to work you
would also have to be certain that the driver references the fonts in
the same way in unrelated documents, which is probably not true for
the PS3 driver.

In short: Read the above as "There is something called psmerge. It is
not available for RISC OS, but that is not a loss because it does not
work".

Martin