[riscos-printing] Re: Upgrading to a new printer

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 16:48:31 +0100

Steve Joyce <Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <20be2b5752.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > There will be an update with more than 170 new colour printer models
> > soon, but I am still waiting for the full release of the next Linux
> > version (5.2.8). So far, there has only been a pre-release. There will
> > not be many changes for the full version, but having waited that long, I
> > would rather wait for the full version to base the next RISC OS release
> > on. To give you an idea, these are the new printers in 5.2.8 (compared
> > to 5.2.5 on which the current RISC OS version is based). (As usual,
> > EXPERIMENTAL means that the driver is not fully colour tuned and might
> > change in a later release, but it will work
>
> Has there been any progress on this update, or are you still waiting for
> the full version? I'm interested as I have a multi-function printer that
> is listed in the schedule - hoping that I might have missed an
> announcement.

Sorry about the delay in replying.

When I wrote that announcement in January 2012 I was ready to port the new
version, but the "impending" stable release (5.2.8) took another 6 months to
appear, and by that time, I was too busy with other things. Anyway, there
was also a 5.2.9 release (not much change from 5.2.8), and I am still
planning to port that when I find the time.

--
Martin