[riscos-printing] Re: Upgrading to a new printer

  • From: Chris Shepheard <chris.shepheard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 18:53:58 GMT

In message <bffb1f5952.D_Lane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          David R Lane <D_Lane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Naively, I thought I had to first convert any
> file I wanted printed to a postscript file, but you just drag the file
> to the postscript printer icon and away it goes! Easy. Of course, you
> need to install a postscript printer in Printers.

You do realise that there is no need to drag files?

You can print direct from any application that uses the standard
printer dialogue.

I find that photographs print pretty well using Martin's PostScript 3
driver, too, especially if you use HP's Professional Laser Paper
120gsm Glossy.

Chris Shepheard writing as himself
from far west Surrey                        www.chrispics.co.uk