[recoll-user] Recoll 1.12.0 hangs

  • From: aehtytd02@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: recoll-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 21:38:24 -0700 (MST)

It's my first time using recoll, so sorry if this is a known issue. I'm using recoll 1.12.0 from the SuSE rpm from the website on SuSE 11.1. I tried having recoll index a small directory mostly of PDFs as a test, and it keeps hanging on various PDFs, with 100% CPU use split between recoll and pstotext (1.9, from the SuSE build service). I thought xpdf was used for indexing PDFs, or? Maybe one in ten PDFs has this problem: I gave up after three of them. The first such file can be found here: http://www.kyb.mpg.de/publications/attachments/Luxburg06_TR_%5B0%5D.pdf

Probably this is a pstotext bug more than a recoll bug, but how can I get around it (apart from moving every tenth file out of the directory to be indexed)?

--
Henryk Hecht