[recoll-user] Re: Recoll 1.12.0 hangs

  • From: aehtytd02@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: recoll-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 15:51:23 -0700 (MST)

How do you determine which file is being processed when the
indexing
hangs ?
The status line messages in the GUI are just indicative
sample points and
can't be trusted for this.

OK, I had assumed that at least when it was stuck the status line would catch up. That, in combination with the fact that moving the file displayed in the status line out of the directory would cause it to apparently stop on something else, was how I was (mis)identifying the problematic file.

Are there by any chance any postscript files stored with
the pdfs ?

Yes, and it turns out that they were (indirectly) the problem. After using ps instead of the status bar (and recollindex instead of the GUI), I noticed indexing got stuck on the first .ps, then the second.... So I tried pstotext by hand on a few files with the same result. In the end, the problem appears to be that the pstotext on the build service is built with -O2, which doesn't work for some reason. Rebuilding without it results in a working pstotext and, so far as I can tell, a working recoll.

Thanks for your help, and sorry for the unnecessary trouble. I should have thought to check pstotext by hand earlier.

--
Henryk Hecht