[recoll-user] Indexing python Files

  • From: Linos <info@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: recoll-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 11:14:31 +0200

Hello,
i am trying to get recoll index my python source files, but i am doing anything wrong because i cant get it to work, i have added this files to my ~/.recoll directory.

mimeconf
text/x-python = internal

[icons]
text/x-python = txt

[categories]
text = \
      text/x-python

mimemap
.py = text/x-python

mimeview
text/x-python = kwrite %f

in the gui interface i can select the type to filter it in advanced search if i want, but i dont get the files really indexed, only his names, i cant search the content, obviously the viewer and icon are only to text the indexing function later i will make it use better editor/icon, i have tried recreating the complete xapiandb with recollindex -z, and other question, if i add new types (when you help me with the correct way to do it hehehe) do i have to recreate the complete index if the files has not been changed and are in a subdirectory previously indexed?