[realmusicians] Re: some listening material

  • From: DLH <dheilman1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 16:26:19 -0700

OK, there is a question that I have.

Tom, you mention that you would make the vocals stand out more, put Space between the vocals and the other mix.

How is this done?

My mixes sound like everything is melted into one, and while you can focus upon each instrument or vocal, none stand out. Everything is homogenized. Sounds boring, and might be OK for a Demo, but nothing else.

Any hints?

Dave H.

At 04:03 PM 10/10/2009, you wrote:
Hey Joe,

Sounds good to me. The only thing I would nitpick on, and this is just my personal preference, would be, as others have said, put a little more cut through presence on the vocal. I'd probably also try to give it a little more air and space; that which we usually lose due to compression. But again, it's all a matter of the sound you, and more importantly, your client likes.

Great job!
Tom

----- Original Message ----- From: "joe" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

   Hi guys,
here's a link to a tune we did in the studio some time last year, I know its a bit heavy, but i'm pleased with the result.
Critisism is welcome by the way!
have a listen,
Joe

   http://www.sendspace.com/file/onpd2v