[realmusicians] Re: Solving Reason's Code Meter Problem, maybe?

  • From: D!J!X! <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 14:21:06 -0500

LOL! Sonar tantrums...

D!J!X!

-----Original Message-----
From: realmusicians-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:realmusicians-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Indigo
Sent: Saturday, November 26, 2011 11:10 AM
To: realmusicians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [realmusicians] Re: Solving Reason's Code Meter Problem, maybe?

If I decide that Reason really can't be made friendly enough to run from
within itself, I would put a copy of Reaper on the same Drive with Reason,
and rewire it to Reaper.
In XP, Reaper is very durable, and I would think if anything could survive
Code Meter it would be Reaper.
With ReaAccess running, Reaper looks just like Sonar 4,;nice horizontal
tracks, time line controlled with right and left arrows, plus page up and
down, hit r to record, couldn't be simpler, audio from Reason appears in
Reaper, edits in Reaper, saved from Reaper, .
And, if Code Meter screws up Reaper, just install another copy of Reaper on
top of that one.
All your music and settings should be safely kept.
I would think Sonar 8.5.3, the tempermental prima donna, would be the least
likely to put up with co existing with Code Meter.
After all these decades, even new X1 still is very jealous of a simple thing
like even temporarily sharing a sound source with the screenreader, says, no
thanks, I want it to be mine; mine; mine only, I'm closing now until I get
my own.
Indigo L