[real-eyes] Re: Recording phone calls with the iPhone six

  • From: "Aman Singer" <aman.singer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 15:13:54 -0400

Hi,

There are quite a few ways to do this. Since you mention a couple of
interviews, I assume you don't want to spend large amounts on equipment. The
cheapest and quickest method would be to use a conference call recording
service. There are a ton of these, the one I used some years ago has long
gone out of business or changed its name, so you may want to google
something like conference call recording. These just let you call a number,
press a series of keys, and they will start recording. Then conference in
your interviewee and go ahead. Obviously, they have the audio and can do
what they want with it, so if it's anything sensitive, you may want to set
up your own recording system through a voice over IP server at home using a
PBX or softphone like asterisk or express talk. The cost of this is minimal
but it does take some time. Again, you will have a number which you call
with your iPhone and you can conference in your interviewee. If you want
another method, let me know, there are others but they are aimed at
broadcasters and therefore quite a bit more expensive.
Aman