[real-eyes] Re: Question about Java script.

  • From: "Jim Ellsworth" <jellsworth1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 10:11:29 -0500

Nancy,

I take it that this new computer has never worked right since it was
purchased?  The reason I ask is because I am trying to figure out what might
have changed if it once worked right.  Here are some questions.

1.  Have they made any changes in the browser?

2.  What security programs do they use such as anti virus, anti spyware or
firewalls?  Try temporarily disabling them to see if it now works.

3.  They might try installing the JAVA 2 runtime environment tool but I
doubt this is the issue.  I don't use it and I don't have trouble with web
sites.  They'll have trouble getting it anyway since they can't read web
sites.  If you want it though I'll get the URL and post it.

This really sounds like a browser setting to me and I would ordinarily
suggest trying another browser like Firefox or Google's Chrome but they will
have difficulty getting it if they can't see web pages.  Maybe you or
someone can download Firefox for them and install it and see if it works.
It might also be some kind of IE add on.  They could find out by going to
start menu>accessories>system tools> and click internet explorer add ons.
If all else fails they should contact the manufacturer especially if this PC
has always had this problem.  That shouldn't be happening on a new machine.

Thanks,
Jim Ellsworth