[real-eyes] I'm truly not insulted. . .

  • From: "Kim Morrow" <morrowmediakc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 16:25:34 -0600

                Mr. Epley,

I have absolutely no idea who you are--but I'll give you credit for at least
putting your name to your very public criticism. That said, you need to
understand that Ph.D.'s are not necessarily the most intelligent "tacks in
the box". What distinguishes many people who have achieved advanced degrees
from others is their ability to be persistent and to ask questions most
people will not run the risk of asking. Some of us do not have quite as
ready access to formal training in adaptive technology, either due to not
having access to funding via rehabilitation services or (as in my case) due
to work and other standing commitments. Like many other blind and visually
impaired folks out there, I've taught myself much of what I know with regard
to adaptive technology--with a lot of assistance from my "friends" online
along the way. And like many other people on this list, I'm not sitting on
my duff waiting for a sighted person to get the job done for me; I'm asking
the questions that will lead to my being able to learn how to perform the
tasks myself.

Tell you what, Good Buddy: here's one technology-related command I *do*
know: When you see my name associated with a message, simply hit the
"delete" key. I'm sure you'll be just as thrilled never to hear from me as I
will be never to hear from you. Let's just agree to disagree and leave it at
that, shall we?

Kimberly