[real-eyes] Fw: Using Prizmo on holiday.

  • From: "Andrea Breier" <abreier@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 08:18:01 -0500

After the release of the zoom app, which is basically the iPhone's app for
zoom text.  After all of the bitching and complaining that several blind
posters sent up wining that zoom texts app doesn't read for totally blind
people. I wanted to shout, "Don't you all know that zoomtext has never been
a scanning application!" It has always been large print first and a little
bit of OCR as an after thought.  Before anyone runs out and buys a large
print app when you really need OCR, I thought I would let you know about
this little gem that I have been following.  Here is a message that I am
forwarding to you all from another list.  This is a little scanning app that
this lady has been playing around with for a while now.  She keeps posting
comments about the app and sometimes showing the results of her efferts.  It
really is pretty impressive!

Subject: Using Prizmo on holiday.

Hi,

    Prizmo and I are on holiday in portugal! Just this morning I found
myself alone in the family apartment where we are staying. I opted to do
nothing this morning. Well, I was pootling around the place and found a
recipe book stand on the kitchen counter, complete with open book. So i
powered up Prizmo and, still leaving the book on its stand, snapped a page.
This involved lifting the phone toward me, not my usual practise, but I
wondered how Prizmo would do. Here is the result, not perfect, but it is the
first and only shot, no editing on my part, so you have it, warts and all!
Even so, I reckon I have enough info to know what is planned for supper! And
me a begetarian too!
    Sandy.

LAMB
2 racks of lamb (8 chops per rack), fat removed
1 whole nutmeg, for grating 1 teaspoon ground cumin I teaspoon sweet
paprika, plus extra for dusting
1 teaspdon dried thyme 1 lemon
COUSCOUS 200g couscous
1 fresh red chilli
a Jarge bunch of fresh fiat-leaf parsley or mint
1 :lemon
GARNISHES
1 pack of flatbreads
1 tablespoon dried thyme or oregano 1 x 250g tub of natural yoghurt 1 heaped
teaspoon harissa 1 x 200g tub of houmous a lemon
SEASONINGS olive oil
extra virgin olive oil
sea salt & black pepper STUFFED PE 60g good me~t Cheddar or fl 8 small whole
DRINK ice cubes a few sprigs ( a lemon 1 pomegrana 1 bottle of sp II TO
START Get all your ingredients and equipment ready.
Fill and boil the kettle, Put a large frying pan on a medium heat. Put a
roasting tray in the oven and turn the oven on to 220°C/425°F/gas 7.
LAMB Put the racks of lamb on a sheet of greaseproof paper over a board and
cut each rack in half so you have 4 smaller racks, Quickly score the surface
area of each rack in a crisscross fashion, then finely grate over ~ the
nutmeg, and sprinkle with the cumin, pa~)rika and thyme. Massage the
flavours into the meat, then Dlace in the hot frying pan with a splash of
olive oil, Discard the greaseproof paoer.
Turn and coJour the meat on all sides for around 5 minutes as you get on
with the rest of the meal.
COUSCOUS Tip the couscous into a large bowl with a drizzle of olive oi and
acid just enough boiling water to cover. Season with a pinch of satt, then
cover with a plate and set aside for a few minutes.
what's left behind in the sieve.To stir with a wooden spoon and ta STUFFED
PEPPERS Divide th put 1 slice inside each pepper.
LAMB Turn the racks now. gent with a good pinch of salt. Return COUSCOUS
Deseed and finel,j chop most of the parsley or min handful of teaves). Take
the plat~ chopped parsley and chilli, a fe~ oil and a pinch of salt &
pepper, lemon. Toss and fluff up with a happy, then take to the table.
GARNISHES Put the yoghurt i har ssa. Drizzle over a touch

End of post

My best regards to you all,

Andrea M. Breier

Spread the laughter
Share the cheer
Let's be happy
While we're here!

NET SECURITY:  When forwarding email messages please consider your
obligation to erase all names and email addresses.  And send the message by
using BCC (Blind Copy) and you will avoid spammers and viruses on the net.

Thank you.