[real-eyes] Re: April 8th Get out the VOTE!

  • From: "Ben Blagg" <bblagg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 10:28:52 -0600

You're right Reggie,.  I am currently on a taskforce that meets in KCK but
is a metro-wide endeavor.  This one is to develop the State Avenue corridor.
However with the plans as they stand, it will affect the entire metro area.
The State Avenue corridor starts at the 10 Maine Center and goes to the
Legends shopping center.  That is just the beginning.  Routes will branch
off from that and lite rail is being talked ablut also.  However, the bottom
line is money.  We have to pay for it and we have to entertain alternative
transportation.  I guess it is too much to ask the citizen to give up the
automobile but this can work in conjunction with automobile traffic.